9 Month Update
well, I have conceded to the fact that I will likely only be blogging the monthly updates rather than be the famous mommy blogger I envisioned for my life. So, here we go!
I seriously cannot believe Elliot is NINE months…that is WAY to close to a year for this mama, time needs to seriously slow down. I know “they” always say that time goes so fast when you have kids, well, apparently “they” were right. Sheesh.
Elliot, at 9 months you…
- have SIX teeth! I keep telling daddy that I want to pull them all out because you are looking so old with your teeth and not like a little baby anymore!! And let me tell you, those suckers are SHARP. I find that out every time I try to stick my fingers in your mouth to see how your teethies are doing. Sorry about that!
- weigh 19 lbs and are right smack in the middle of the chart for your age! I can’t remember how long you are, but you definitely had a big growth spurt from your 6 month appointment!
- finally figured out how to go forward, but you still just scoot/inchworm along. It is very, very cute, but it has made me realize how dirty our floors are no matter how much I mop or vacuum. I usually have to change your clothes at least once a day because the dirt grosses me out so much. Here is a video of your inchworm skills…and I promise I wasn’t trying to be mean by snatching the remote away and throwing it further, I just wanted to get another angle! (sorry, couldn’t get it to embed for some reason…)
- make a cute little noise every time Jack walks in the room. And when we say “what does Jack say?” you do a fake cough since he coughs more than he barks. Sad for him, funny for us!
- LOVE food. We aren’t doing any purees anymore and you eat: lunch turkey, blueberries, pears, peaches, oranges, grapes, peas, carrots, corn, black and pinto beans, chicken, rice, chicken sausage, gluten free waffles and pancakes, gluten free toast…really anything we put in front of you!
- just figured out how to drink out of a straw! Now you drink about 3 cups of water a day and you always try to steal my cups if you see a straw in mine. You *almost* got a sip of diet coke the other day…like mother, like daughter.
- LOVED the pool on vacation! You were fine on the beach, but you were happy for a looooong time in the pool. You loved being in your float or kicking around while someone held you.
- do this little sideways look…and it is so, so cute. We aren’t sure where you picked it up, but you definitely know you are being cute when you are doing it. Sometimes are restaurants you will look at people until they look at you and notice you, then you turn on the charm with the sideways look.
- are having a little bit of separation anxiety right now. You are fine with the people you are regularly with, but you don’t like it when I hand you off to people and definitely not if I leave you somewhere different…like the gym. That did not go so well the other day! We’ll keep trying though!
- still take 2-3 naps a day…you are such a great sleeper and I am so very thankful for that!
- love to be around other kids, especially your cousins! You love to play with them and watch them!
I am sure there is so much more but I just can’t think of it right now! You are such a fun, sweet baby and words cannot express how much we love you, Elliot. One of my very favorite parts of the day is rocking you before you go to sleep and praying over you. I pray you will be a mighty woman of God and that He does big things through your sweet life. I am so thankful He chose me to be your mom!
— Posted on June 26, 2012 pm30 8:44 pm