10 month update!
YIKES! I got behind…I am going to have to write the 11 month update in 2 weeks! I can’t believe I have a 10 month old, it’s really so crazy – each month seems to go faster and faster and I would really love for time to slow down!!
Elliot, at 10 months you:
- FINALLY figured out how to really crawl, but you also know that you are faster on your belly so you usually just do that!
- figured out how to pull up on things and my…you make such a mess now! The first think you do in the mornings is go to the bookshelves and pull all of the toys off of them almost like you are saying “I know I left all of these out last night!”
- love emptying out the Tupperware cabinet! You head on over there and pull everything out (this is a theme for you…) and then move on to the next thing. What I am trying to say is, you are really great at cleaning out shelves and cabinets. (note to self: babyproof this weekend!)
- love eating! You will eat pretty much anything: meat, cheese (gotta keep that limited though because a lot of cheese has gluten in it…who knew?!), veggies, gluten free bread/waffles, brussel sprouts, and your ultimate faves: blueberries, mandarin oranges and pears. People are always impressed at how great of an eater you are!
- still aren’t such a fan of being dropped of in group child care. I took you to our old church last week and you did much better than you do at the Y, but they said you cried until they gave you snack which finally distracted you.
- really love to take my earrings off. One would think I would learn and just not wear earrings, but that would really ruin the look I am going for.
- are such an observer. Whenever we go to playgroups or the library you really sit back and watch everything.
- are so smart! I know everyone says this about their kids, but I am amazing by you everyday! You have learned how to stack the rings, put the little balls into a toy and watch them drop through the holes, turn all of the pages of your “peek a boo books” (you also ripped the “pop up” part out of a new book I bought you today!!)
- LOVE KIDS! You just love watching your cousins play and love it when we see them! You giggle the whole time they are around!
- are still a champion nurser. You nurse 4-5 times a day. We did figure out this month that you are allergic to formula…which definitely threw a kink in mommy & daddy’s travel plans this month. Thankfully there are some awesome, generous other mama’s that donated milk for you for our trip!
- are a great traveler! I took you up to visit Aunt Jenny & Uncle Gerry with Yaya, Aunt Jen, Cooper, Parker and Ella and you and I flew up there alone – you did so great! It would have been nice if you slept, but…you didn’t until the moment the wheels hit the ground!
- sat up in your crib by yourself for the first time! You have been sitting for about 5 months now, but it’s like you hadn’t figured out you could do it in your crib yet! I might have teared up when I walked in there to see you sitting and playing…but you were just giggling like it was the funnest thing ever.
- LOVE Yo Gabba Gabba…your daddy is so happy! He has been watching that show for a few years now and it’s finally socially acceptable for him to watch it since you are here. You sit there and dance and clap the whole time.
Elliot, you are such a treasure to us. I can’t believe in 6 short weeks you are going to be ONE! Everyday is such a beautiful adventure and I can’t wait to continue learning more about you each day. I love you!
— Posted on August 7, 2012 pm31 12:51 pm